Are you excited to create a beautiful origami tree?! We sure are!
@life_at_redecor Make an Origiami #Christmas tree with the #Redecor team! 🎄 #DIY #design #CapCut ♬ original sound – Life at Redecor
Here’s what you’re going to need:
Thin Decorative Paper
origami paper \ scrapbook paper \ Gift Wrap \ Wrapping Paper \ Magazines \ Maps
middle-size trees 10×10-inch
- Start by laying your square sheet of paper down with the white side facing up.
- Fold it in half edge to edge. Open your piece of paper back out and fold it in half again this time in the other direction.
- Open back out and fold in half again this time across both the diagonals.
- Open out and lay flat with the white side facing up. Using the creases you have previously made bring the top 3 corners down to meet at the bottom corner. Press flat. You should now have a diamond shape.
- Fold the sides in to meet at the center crease.
- Flip over and repeat on the other side. You should now have an upside-down kite shape.
- Open one of the flaps back out and flatten. Take the outer edge and collapse it by folding it into the center.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Flip it over and repeat steps 8 and 9.
- Now take a pair of scissors and cut the bottom point off your kite. To make it easier fold the top layer back to make a triangle and use this as a guide.
- Using a pair of scissors cut 3 horizontal lines on each side of the triangle. These will make your branches.
- Starting from the right fold each cut line down to make a small triangle. Fold to the left like a page and repeat by folding down each cut line on the right.
- Keep folding and turning until all the branches have been folded. When you reach the end flip it over and repeat on the other side.
Click here to download the beautiful print we’re using in this tutorial: http://bit.ly/redecor_origami